About Me
- Name: Well
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I'm not good at journaling. But I do like my Mac. And I often have random bits of ideas float through my head that I wish I could pin down in a portable format. Hence, this blog: a place for outward commentary, and digital logging of things I might want to remember later.
Links
Archives
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Aquí estamos!
Here we are! I made it to Ecuador at about 11pm Tues nite, and we were greeted with roses by 2 BCA students and the BCA directors, husband and wife Pablo and Nieves. They are very nice people who will take good care of us! There are 22 of us students here, 4 guys and 18 girls. Other than getting used to the altitude (Quito´s at 9000ft+ above sea level), everything has been great.
Yesterday we took a quick tour of the university, and it´s beautiful! It was originally supposed to be a weekend resort for a bank´s employees, but was turned into a campus instead. It´s only 16 years old, but very prestigious here in Ecuador. Tomorrow we´ll meet our host families so I´m excited! and a lil nervous, but quite optimistic. This afternoon we´re going on a tour of the city, so hopefully I can orient myself a little. There´s no subway system, so I´m going to have to learn the bus lines. Next weekend we are going to the famous city of Otavalo, and all next week we´ll have language, culture, and history classes. These first three days have been full of introductions and talks about safety, health, school and family life. The weather, by the way, is gorgeous. No snow or ice here! It's a lovely 65 degrees:).
Well, I´m in an internet cafe so I don´t want to stay long, but i hope everyone is doing well!
Yesterday we took a quick tour of the university, and it´s beautiful! It was originally supposed to be a weekend resort for a bank´s employees, but was turned into a campus instead. It´s only 16 years old, but very prestigious here in Ecuador. Tomorrow we´ll meet our host families so I´m excited! and a lil nervous, but quite optimistic. This afternoon we´re going on a tour of the city, so hopefully I can orient myself a little. There´s no subway system, so I´m going to have to learn the bus lines. Next weekend we are going to the famous city of Otavalo, and all next week we´ll have language, culture, and history classes. These first three days have been full of introductions and talks about safety, health, school and family life. The weather, by the way, is gorgeous. No snow or ice here! It's a lovely 65 degrees:).
Well, I´m in an internet cafe so I don´t want to stay long, but i hope everyone is doing well!