Sunday, January 02, 2005

Ecuador

En pocas horas, voy a Quito! Tengo miedo, la verdad, pero tambi'en me da ilusi'on. Espero que concozca a gente amable ahi, y que mi castellano se mejore. Tengo hambre ahora mismo, y no estoy haciendo nada productiva, como pasar tiempo con mis hermanas o terminar a empacar mis cosas para el viaje. Da igual. Las cosas se hacen en su tiempo:)

Check out http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/southamerica.html for a visual on my location

I should be packing right now! Instead, I am writing the introduction to what may become my Quito Blog. Odds are I will not keep up with this with any real regularity, and hopefully I will not have time to devote to blogging, but anyway, this seems like a good idea. So in about 28 hours I will be on a plane, en route to Quito, the capital of Ecuador, accompanied by about 13 other U.S. American exchange students. Yay! I will live with a host family and take classes at Universidad San Fransisco de Quito. A trip to the Galapagos and one to the Amazon are included with our exchange program. repeat Yay! My parents will call every week or so and they will miss me terribly but be unselfish and let me indulge in my individualist need for independence and international adventure. Plus, I really need to be re-immersed in Spanish. I will miss my family and my Goshen bubble. My roommate will also be in Quito; hopefully we will not live too far away and we will both have a great time. I'm glad I'm not going alone again; though Spain was cool, it'll be nice to have a built-in friend.
These are my random pre-Quito thoughts as I further delay the necessary evil which is packing. I will attempt to update you all on my whereabouts and goings-on, and I wish you all a splendid 2005. Send me the occasional email (or even real letter, though the thought is a little foreign these days) as it's always exciting to hear news from home.
Much love to all

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?