About Me
- Name: Well
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I'm not good at journaling. But I do like my Mac. And I often have random bits of ideas float through my head that I wish I could pin down in a portable format. Hence, this blog: a place for outward commentary, and digital logging of things I might want to remember later.
Links
Archives
Monday, January 24, 2005
Ecuatorianismos
For those of you interested in local Ecuadorian colloquialisms, I present the following.....
achachay (¨ah-cha-ch-eye¨) = brrrr!
arrarray (ah-rah-rye) = ouch!
atatay (ah-tah-tie) = eww!
ñaño/a (nyah-nyoh) = brother/sister
guagua (wah-wah)= child
chompa (ch-oh-m-pah) = jacket
chuchaqui (chew-cha-key) = hungover
farra (fah-rah) = fiesta
pana (pah-nah)= close friend
bacan (bah-cahn) = cool
pleno/a (plain-oh) = cool
chévere (ch-ay-vay-ray) = cool
chuta (chew-tah)! = shoot!
achachay (¨ah-cha-ch-eye¨) = brrrr!
arrarray (ah-rah-rye) = ouch!
atatay (ah-tah-tie) = eww!
ñaño/a (nyah-nyoh) = brother/sister
guagua (wah-wah)= child
chompa (ch-oh-m-pah) = jacket
chuchaqui (chew-cha-key) = hungover
farra (fah-rah) = fiesta
pana (pah-nah)= close friend
bacan (bah-cahn) = cool
pleno/a (plain-oh) = cool
chévere (ch-ay-vay-ray) = cool
chuta (chew-tah)! = shoot!