About Me
- Name: Well
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I'm not good at journaling. But I do like my Mac. And I often have random bits of ideas float through my head that I wish I could pin down in a portable format. Hence, this blog: a place for outward commentary, and digital logging of things I might want to remember later.
Links
Archives
Sunday, February 20, 2005
My new favorite class
Hola a todos. I've been extra busy these last couple weeks and haven't had time to update. All these Lit classes are definitely keeping me occupied. Anyway, I'm trying to collect pictures from friends from the Amazon b/c my camera was only working off-and-on, but I'll try to fill y'all in on our jungle adventure soon.
In other news, I finally started my Tae Kwon Do and Salsa classes and they are so much fun, especially salsa!! Chelsey Keever told me I had to salsa while I was here cuz it's a blast and she was so right. Our prof is a Cuban guy; good-looking with a cool accent and of course a great dancer. I don't think I've ever spent so much time before watching someone's butt move! ;) Right now we are still just learning the steps independently, but soon we'll start with partners. There are 11 of us in the class I think, 6 girls and 5 guys. Ann and Liz, 2 other exchange kids I hang out with a lot are in the class too. After the first class, I came home and was practicing the steps upstairs to Celia Cruz (on my iPod), when Yoli came up. I think she was pretty amused. As a sidenote, may I mention how much I love my host parents? They are so sweet! ....Ann is also a Pilates instructor at Butler, so she is giving us (Raq, Kathleen, Liz, and I) Pilates classes in exchange for Spanish help. Between the 3 classes, I should be gettin in excellent shape! My abs, hips, and legs hurt slightly pretty much all the time lately, but it makes me feel productive, like I've earned my dinner by the time I get home. The sad note is that I have no idea where I'm going to be able to dance salsa in Hutch/Goshen:(... I'll have to get Erin Sigler to come back and go out with us. Speaking of which, I miss all you Goshenites! Hope you're having a great week.
In other news, I finally started my Tae Kwon Do and Salsa classes and they are so much fun, especially salsa!! Chelsey Keever told me I had to salsa while I was here cuz it's a blast and she was so right. Our prof is a Cuban guy; good-looking with a cool accent and of course a great dancer. I don't think I've ever spent so much time before watching someone's butt move! ;) Right now we are still just learning the steps independently, but soon we'll start with partners. There are 11 of us in the class I think, 6 girls and 5 guys. Ann and Liz, 2 other exchange kids I hang out with a lot are in the class too. After the first class, I came home and was practicing the steps upstairs to Celia Cruz (on my iPod), when Yoli came up. I think she was pretty amused. As a sidenote, may I mention how much I love my host parents? They are so sweet! ....Ann is also a Pilates instructor at Butler, so she is giving us (Raq, Kathleen, Liz, and I) Pilates classes in exchange for Spanish help. Between the 3 classes, I should be gettin in excellent shape! My abs, hips, and legs hurt slightly pretty much all the time lately, but it makes me feel productive, like I've earned my dinner by the time I get home. The sad note is that I have no idea where I'm going to be able to dance salsa in Hutch/Goshen:(... I'll have to get Erin Sigler to come back and go out with us. Speaking of which, I miss all you Goshenites! Hope you're having a great week.