About Me
- Name: Well
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I'm not good at journaling. But I do like my Mac. And I often have random bits of ideas float through my head that I wish I could pin down in a portable format. Hence, this blog: a place for outward commentary, and digital logging of things I might want to remember later.
Links
Archives
Sunday, May 08, 2005
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
You Have Always Been Where I Return
--Nicholas Gordon
You have always been where I return,
The home that is my harbor from the sea,
The place where what I am can easy be,
Where nothing need be altered or unlearned.
That you would give has always been a given.
Your love for me is something simply there,
As plain and necessary as the air,
And just as unpretentious and unbidden.
And though I cannot give you now your due,
Which is beyond what these poor words can say,
I give you all I can this special day,
Which is the treasure of my love for you.
Happy Mother's Day Means More
--- Nicholas Gordon
"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.
But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.
--Nicholas Gordon
You have always been where I return,
The home that is my harbor from the sea,
The place where what I am can easy be,
Where nothing need be altered or unlearned.
That you would give has always been a given.
Your love for me is something simply there,
As plain and necessary as the air,
And just as unpretentious and unbidden.
And though I cannot give you now your due,
Which is beyond what these poor words can say,
I give you all I can this special day,
Which is the treasure of my love for you.
Happy Mother's Day Means More
--- Nicholas Gordon
"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.
But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.