About Me
- Name: Well
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I'm not good at journaling. But I do like my Mac. And I often have random bits of ideas float through my head that I wish I could pin down in a portable format. Hence, this blog: a place for outward commentary, and digital logging of things I might want to remember later.
Links
Archives
Sunday, July 10, 2005
Home again, gone again II
Nevada (Wednesday): Later that day I was back in Fallon for the first time in two years.
It was like coming home again…I have a feeling I’ll be experiencing that sensation frequently over the coming years as I go off and live in different places. Trisha, my mom’s best friend’s daughter who I’ve known my whole life, whose family is like my second family, picked me up at the airport. We caught up some on the way home from the airport, grabbed some lunch, the usual, then stopped by to see Colleen (Trish’s mom) at my old alma mater, Northside Elementary. I got to see Auntie and Unc (aka Sheila and Ernie, but we’ve always called them Auntie and Unc), and Grandma Dottie, and Trisha’s dad Steve while I was there too, though just for a little bit each. It was kind of a quick trip. After hanging out with Cami and Trish and company for a couple hours, Trisha and I went over to Ian and Sarah’s house for Ian’s graduation party.
I love being able to surprise people:). I got there and Sarah let me in, then we walked around to the back and Ian turned around when I was almost behind him. “Hey kid! Happy graduation!” “Hilary! I didn’t think you were coming!” and when I gave him a big hug he picked me up; he’s gotten so tall! I overheard a lady say something like, “Now who is that young lady? Ian certainly seems happy to see her.” Haha. I didn’t stay long, just enough time to chat a little, say hi to the rest of the family and plan when we’d get together next, because Trisha and I were on our way to Cami’s 6th grade promotion. Eveyone’s gettin old it seems… 
Cam got several awards for doing well in school this year, so we were proud
of her. I met Trisha’s boyfriend Tony too, cuz he came with the fam. He works at the Naval Base as a security/police officer, he’s from Georgia and should be getting out of the military in 1.5 years I think.
After the promotion ceremony we all went to a great Mexican restaurant for
dinner, so I got to speak just a little Spanish with the waiters. The next two days we all went up to a little town about 1.5hours away for Cami’s fastpitch softball tournament. They did really well, though they lost a couple games, the ones they won were great, especially one really close team were they came from behind (9-0) to win 13-9.
Friday evening was the graduation ceremony, so Trisha Tony and I went out to it . It was packed, with no seating room in the bleachers, so we didn’t stay for the whole thing, but I found Ian before he walked up to the stage, so at least I got to let him know I was there.
I actually ran into 2 of my friends from grade school too! I walked by 3 girls and thought-- American girls are tall—without even registering their faces. Then Trisha asked if I’d seen who that was so I turned around the same time they did a double-take, and there were Erin Lowery and Jessica Armstrong. I never would have recognized Jessica just because she had a trendy haircut that made her look a lot different than I remember, but Erin was Erin. They’re both living in Reno and working/going to school.
TBC...
It was like coming home again…I have a feeling I’ll be experiencing that sensation frequently over the coming years as I go off and live in different places. Trisha, my mom’s best friend’s daughter who I’ve known my whole life, whose family is like my second family, picked me up at the airport. We caught up some on the way home from the airport, grabbed some lunch, the usual, then stopped by to see Colleen (Trish’s mom) at my old alma mater, Northside Elementary. I got to see Auntie and Unc (aka Sheila and Ernie, but we’ve always called them Auntie and Unc), and Grandma Dottie, and Trisha’s dad Steve while I was there too, though just for a little bit each. It was kind of a quick trip. After hanging out with Cami and Trish and company for a couple hours, Trisha and I went over to Ian and Sarah’s house for Ian’s graduation party.
I love being able to surprise people:). I got there and Sarah let me in, then we walked around to the back and Ian turned around when I was almost behind him. “Hey kid! Happy graduation!” “Hilary! I didn’t think you were coming!” and when I gave him a big hug he picked me up; he’s gotten so tall! I overheard a lady say something like, “Now who is that young lady? Ian certainly seems happy to see her.” Haha. I didn’t stay long, just enough time to chat a little, say hi to the rest of the family and plan when we’d get together next, because Trisha and I were on our way to Cami’s 6th grade promotion. Eveyone’s gettin old it seems… Cam got several awards for doing well in school this year, so we were proud
of her. I met Trisha’s boyfriend Tony too, cuz he came with the fam. He works at the Naval Base as a security/police officer, he’s from Georgia and should be getting out of the military in 1.5 years I think.After the promotion ceremony we all went to a great Mexican restaurant for
dinner, so I got to speak just a little Spanish with the waiters. The next two days we all went up to a little town about 1.5hours away for Cami’s fastpitch softball tournament. They did really well, though they lost a couple games, the ones they won were great, especially one really close team were they came from behind (9-0) to win 13-9.
Friday evening was the graduation ceremony, so Trisha Tony and I went out to it . It was packed, with no seating room in the bleachers, so we didn’t stay for the whole thing, but I found Ian before he walked up to the stage, so at least I got to let him know I was there.
I actually ran into 2 of my friends from grade school too! I walked by 3 girls and thought-- American girls are tall—without even registering their faces. Then Trisha asked if I’d seen who that was so I turned around the same time they did a double-take, and there were Erin Lowery and Jessica Armstrong. I never would have recognized Jessica just because she had a trendy haircut that made her look a lot different than I remember, but Erin was Erin. They’re both living in Reno and working/going to school.TBC...