Monday, August 08, 2005

I am a twenty-one year old, does that make me special?

Finally, my own country now recognizes the fact that I can have wine with dinner-- an excellent combination that has been denied to me in U.S.American restaraunts for 3 years after the "legal" mark in most other countries. And here I thought we were the "leading nation";)

Anyway, yesterday we had the family party. I worked in the morning, then helped mom make my birthday dinner. I feel the menu was very representative of myself:

Mango juice
pan con tomate, Spanish appetizer
aji, Ecuadorian salsa
pasta salad(tricolor bowtie pasta, diced green apples, diced monterey jack cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, s&p), Spanish host mom's recipe
chicken with peanut sauce over vermicelli, inspired by my love of Thai food
lemony pecan pesto chicken, from a cookbook and just sounded good
fried okra, Grandma Shirley's specialty
potato/cornflake/hashbrown casserole (i dont know what to call it), Mom's country cookin
celery w/ PB
baby carrots
red velvet cake
PB choc chip cookie dough ice cream
pure yummy goodness

Grandma Martha, Gma Shirley, Gpa Charles, Uncle Dave, Mom, Dad, and Ann were all there. Gma Shirley was very hip and got me a really cute outfit, Ann got me the Life Aquatic sountrack that I was coveting, Dave gave me a Target giftcard which Ann later helped me spend (partly) and lots of goodies, and Mom and Pop were very generous as they always are with their kids-- thanks again padres, I'm a very lucky kid to have you two *warm fuzzies*

Today I went to lunch with Gma Martha and Mom at the awesome Allie's Deli & Cafe downtown, and I got some really sweet cards, emails, and phone calls. Trish was the first one to call on my real bday, at 12:30ish am:D. Then Mom, Dad, and I went to Wichita where I purchased myself an iriver MP3 player with some of my bday money --woohoo, new toy, and an awesome one-- and then went to dinner at Olive Garden. I had a glass of red wine with my Mussels di Napoli, got carded and everything. So now we're home and I just got the sweetest collaborative email from some of my BCA buddies-- thanks so much for sending that Ruby, it made my day! I'd like to post it cuz it made me smile
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?